Rwanda as a developing country is experiencing many social problems due to poverty, ignorance, historical background, genocide ideology, political wars, corruption, insecurity in the region, negative media influence, skills gap, sexual harassment, alcohol and drug abuse, gender imbalance and irresponsiveness, hunger and famine, health security and many more. However, the above problems can be solved and economic status increases, the problem persists if people don't have values and attitudes for integrity inorder to built a sustainable peaceful nation.
The young children whether at school or in their homes need to understand their rights, be educated on national and societal ethical values, on gender, democracy and community development, cultural relations, conflict resolution, and genocide ideology management through the program of Peace education.
In Rwanda's vision 2050, they need to develop a generation called KEZA (meaning a developed child who is well grown up with all potentialities free of destructions like hatred, poverty, hunger, diseases and violence). It is that sense my solution will help in addressing the above challenges in helping the country to reach it visional goals and as well become a role model and a teacher to the neighbouring countries for peace and prosperity.
Through the initiative design of my organization called "Rwanda Philanthropy Organization" that is still in concept, it encorporates different social welfare activities to improve the lives of Rwandans (young, old and vulnerables) which can therefore with above suggested solution can help growing my project and as well address the challenge.
Among the key activities to be done within my solution so as to address the challenge are:
- Developing curriculum/syllabus about peace education and children rights; this will be done in collaboration with Ministry of Education, Ministry of Justice, Institute of Legal Practice and Development, UNICEF, and other related national organs in concern.
- Conducting the training of trainers for peace education and human rights: This is to have a large number of people who will help implement the curriculum during execution. Among the people to train are teachers in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions, community local leaders especially those in social welfare and health sector, different people from refugee camps, private sector federation, Civil society organizations especially religious groups, and NGOs.
- Mentoring Peace education and human rights trainers/or practitioners during execution
- carrying out supervision of peace education and human rights implementation activities
- carrying out research on peace education and human rights activities improvement and impact to the society.
If you have any questions