The Solution tackles 3 social issues Plastic Pollution, Job and wealth Creation, Low cost Housing by a single affordable, environmentally friendly and sustainable impact action.
- Plastic is classified as a resource rather than a burden.
- The technology can utilize all types of plastics apart from PVC, even the single use items that were classified as non-recyclables can be used.
- Technology is modular and can handlemodular and can handle 3, 6, 10 tons/hr plastic waste with minimal power requirements compared to traditional recycling technology that require both high power and water.
- Technology is environmentally friendly with emission control apparatus in place in the event there any leaks.
- Increase in demand for plastic waste as there is an OFFTAKE market.
- Plastic will be diverted from dumpsites and less into gutters, backyards, rivers and ocean.
As demand for plastic waste increases there is an opportunity for poor households and youths to collect plastic waste to earn a living.
Upgrading of Slum Dwelling
Affordable building Materials as Plastic replaces Cement as binding material in Blocks, roof tiles, concrete beams, slabs and pillars.