The Global Maker Challenge is an online open-innovation platform that offers an opportunity for ‘makers’ and innovators to connect and collaborate, wherever they are in the world, to solve real-world problems affecting people's lives. Leveraging manufacturing innovation to provide viable and deployable solutions for the world’s most pressing issues, it invites world-leading manufacturers and organisations to adopt challenges, provide mentorship, and help solve real-world problems.
The Global Maker Challenge will award winners with prizes of value up to USD 1,000,000 in prizes. Within the four themes we are looking for solutions to solve real world problems identified as priority topics by MIT Solve in collaboration with various UN Agencies and Funds.
The challenges for cohort 2 are
- Sustainable and Healthy Food for All - How can urban populations increase access to healthy and sustainable foods, despite rapid urbanization?
- Innovation for Inclusive Trade - How can rural communities increase their access to new supply chains and markets in order to create better livelihoods for themselves?
- Innovation for Peace and Justice - How can displaced populations access affordable and quality services that are essential to their safety and wellbeing?
- Climate Change - How can communities move towards a low-carbon circular economy by eliminating waste and utilizing existing resources?
SUBMIT YOUR SOLUTION
How to submit your solution
- Read the details on the challenges to see which challenge is most relevant for your solution
- Create your profile
- Submit your solution using the online form – please ensure to fill all sections – you can submit in more than one category
- There are no costs involved in submitting your solutions
- Deadline for submission is the 31st of January 2020